Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 all wrapped up.

2011 has come and gone and i'm not sure where it all went. I will recap the weekend and then in another post, recap my year.
New Year's eve was a busy busy day! The day started with something I have been dreading since May. My best friend is expecting her second child, and I was a part of a group that threw her a baby shower. In a weird way it helped. I spent most of the morning crying, even making myself late because of it. Somewhere between our house and my first stop, I decided I wasn't going to let MY sadness ruin HER day! That was untill I walked in the first store. As I was carrying balloons out to my car... "Oh, it's about time you 2 had a baby! Is the baby due next month?" Something about hearing the words... "it's about time" hurt more than the rest....... (which by the way I am no super model, I will never win a bathing suit award, nor will you ever catch me in a 2 piece, BUT I do not feel like I look 8 months pregnant. Shoot me if I do) but hearing about time . Felt like every thought I had had about this crazy stupid journey was staring me in the face and laughing!! I quickly walked out of the store and cried in the car with my dear sweet daddy who always tries to make me feel better. We began talking about the future, and my hopes for a baby shower, and my wishes that someone cares enough to throw one for me. <Pity Party, I KNOW> 
As we pulled into the church I got the time I needed to gather all my thoughts, and accept that just because today wasn't my day, it WAS my best friend's day, and I should be happy for her. Lately I can't shake the feeling that their is a distance in the 2 of us and I know it is my fault. So I am working on it, for her and for our friendship.
The shower turned out really nice. Several people showed up and I liked seeing her so excited and seeing all the stuff she got for Lily was exciting!
I do have some small talent in creating Diaper cakes for people. This was probably my favorite so far.
Then it was off to celebrate the new year! I am excited to say goodbye to 2011, and excited to see what 2012 has in store for us. At the stroke of 2012, my husband leaned over and gave me a kiss and whispered to me that this was the year that all of our dreams were going to come true. Then we both closed our eyes for a quick second and said a prayer. I hope this is how the whole year can stay. To be completely in love and centered on Christ.

2011 was hard, but it was possible. It was manageable. I know more than I ever have that there is a purpose and I learned all through this past year. I met some amazing people that I will know forever, I learned who my real friends were, and I found out who wasn't really. I reconnected with people that I thought were lost to me. I learned to believe in miracles again....... on December 26, 2011 when I didn't have a hope in the world I woke up to this........
Just when I thought all hope of ever seeing my dreams come true in 2011 was lost, I got a positive ovulation test for the first time naturally in 3 years. NEVER, has that happened. At the beginning of the month I was so nervous I had lost my chance, because I did not want to waste a month of Clomid when I wasn't sure on the dates, then I got this! 
MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!! 
In 2011 I learned how to have hope, I learned how to forgive, and most importantly I learned how to LOVE
2011 has made a path for an incredible 2012!!!!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment