Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Grace Rebecca

Last year, after trying for so long for a baby, Mike and finally did something that we haven't done in so long. We put treatments second and Mike said my birthday present would be a trip to New York City.
I remember getting home and asking Mike, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TOP THIS NEXT YEAR! 

It was definitely topped! 

The doctor told me on our first visit I would have another scan done on week 17 to check for the SCH. This was 10 days before my birthday so I KNEW what I wanted to do. The scan was done and she placed the results in an envelope. The tech said it was certain what it was, I just had to wait 5 days! 

I wanted the reveal to be at church and we invited several of our family and friends. I wanted the people there that have invested so much of themselves with us to be able to experience this moment. 

I also wanted to be the last to know. I wanted Mike to be included, and say he knew something about this pregnancy before I did. So right before we cut the cake, I buried my head into his shoulder and waited on him to whisper in my ear his/her name. The moment I heard "it's Grace". How appropriate, it is Grace and by grace alone that we have gotten to this point. God's amazing grace and love gave me Grace Rebecca! 

I am so excited to have a little girl! I was so nervous that she wouldn't feel special from other family members because there is already girls on both sides, but how naive I was. Gracie is special for so many reasons, and to see the way both of our parents smile when we talk about her, I know all my worries were for nothing. The only one who WAS disappointed was my niece Hayden who so wanted a little boy cousin.


For our family who couldn't be there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment